Just a friendly reminder from your friends here at Oswego Pointe Apartments:
Did you know summer is the busiest time for car break-ins and theft? As you know, crime has no address, and it is very important to practice car safety at all times. Most thieves don’t look for the flashiest cars, they look for easy opportunities. According to the FBI, a car is stolen every 23 seconds! There are simple precautions you can take to help prevent the possibility of theft, and of you becoming a victim.
Here are some tips to keep thieves from preying on your car:
1. Lock your doors/set alarm!
2. Never leave your keys in the ignition or in plain sight.
3. Never keep your car running while unattended.
4. Keep personal/expensive belongings out of view, or bring them with you when you exit your car.
5. Do not leave personal documents in your car. (Photo ID, title, credit/debit cards, etc.)
6. Even spare change can trigger a break-in; keep your car as empty or “plain” as possible.
7. Park your car in well-lit areas.
8. Be aware, if you see a prowler looking in windows or trying door handles, call the police immediately!
Being proactive is the only way to prevent a break-in, and if one does occur, please contact the police as soon as possible!
Oswego Pointe Apartments Staff